Friday, August 04, 2006

The Tower Tour


Finally we made it to our destination, dizzy and with very tired legs, but we didn't care because what we saw as we got out of the stair case was amazing. I've seen Paris from many heights now, but this one is definitely the best. You can see all the cool buildings, but not from so far above that you can't tell what they are. Here's a picture of Sara and I with the Seine and the Eiffel Tower right behind us. Also, you'll notice the gargoyle that was just about to chomp on my earlobe. Luckily the guy taking the picture warned me and I was able to hit him (the gargoyle) with that camera, which always seems to be strapped around my neck. Check out the diagram down below; that perfectly drawn blue line is our little tour of the towers, from left to right. The picture above was taken from the middle of the Galerie des Chimiéres, so even though we thought we had climbed all the stairs in Paris we had only gone half way there. By the way, the word Chimiéres is French for gargoyles, so the yellow region is the gargoyle gallery. Yet another incredible name for a rock band. Tonight you'll rock with Lost in the Louvre, Gargoyle Gallery and Islands in the Seine. Yeeaaahhh!! Enough of that. This was probably our favorite thing we did in Paris, at least one of them anyhow. Be prepared for a whole lot of pictures.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is a wonderful picture of the two of you, I like it so much it is the background for my desktop! - until I start missing Emery again, then he'll go back on. Sorry, it's a Grandma thing!!! Oh, I'm starting to miss him right now! ;o(