Thursday, August 10, 2006

Bruno at His Embassy


On Wednesday night Bruno invited Sara and I over to his apartment to experience a truly European social gathering (simmered down quite a bit of course). Two of our friends from the Fifth floor at Mercer, Thibault and Stephane were there too. I've hung out with these guys on a number of occasions since I've been out here and I was really excited that Sara could have the experience as well. Bruno's speciality is a really tasty dressing he puts on salad, and bread with melted goat cheese on it (chévre chaud). I know it sounds a bit odd to those of us who haven't tried it much, but I think it is pretty good. Of course, we had the standard "back up pizza" there just in case. Like always, Sara and I enjoyed our wine in the form of Pepsi, but in the same shaped glass. It was a really fun night. Afterwards we all figured we'd escape the heat of the apartment and go for a walk around the seventeenth district. As Bruno gave us the tour we had to have him stop and pose for the picture in front of the Portuguese Embassy. Quite a few of the people that work at Mercer live in this same neighborhood. It is the closest chunk of Paris to Levallois (just four metro stations down line 3), and is generally considered a pretty nice area. Bruno's place is up on the third floor and has a great view of the classic Parisian streets. I should have taken a picture up there, but I never got around to it. That's all you need is one more bird's eye view of Paris. Sara and I had a great night!

No comments: