Friday, August 04, 2006

Famous Chimerae

Here are a few more great Sara pictures. Looks like they came from a post card, don't they? I became the unofficial filmographer while she manned the "still life" camera. So these guys have been sitting there staring at the Paris city scape for about seven hundred years now. They've seen quite a bit in their time I'm sure. I've always wondered who the lucky guy was that got to imagine these fellows up, that would be a cool job. All the Parisian souvenir sellers swarming about underneath us like to call the gargoyle on the left "The Thinker", but I think that's stupid because there's already a famous statue in Paris called that. I'm not sure what I' call either of these guys, but if I were them I'd definitely quit thinking about it and just go do it. Heck. By the way, little statues on a building that spit out water and are meant as drainage systems are called gargoyles, while decorative fellows like these two are known as chimerae. Put that in your journal.

No comments: