Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Colorful La Défense Landmarks

I absolutely love the look on Sara's face in this picture of her in front of the rainbow fountain at La Défense. We noticed while in Paris that the Parisians have a very hard time staying out of the fountains on such a hot day. There are always people inside the fountains splashing about making fools of themselves. Is that a normal thing to do? No matter the fountain, if its hot outside there will be people inside of it. I guess the slimy green water is very appealing. And here's a picture of my with my big dinosaur friend. At least I think he's a dinosaur. He's obviously so sad because of that huge scar that is going across his tail. This little square in front of the Grande Arche is just a lot of fun to me, with the dinosaur guy and that weird red arch, and the fountain. I like how Paris has made the place look so modern, yet not dirty and slimy. Except for the fountain water. Ewww.

No comments: