Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Sara at the Cat of ND

Here's my Sara by the chandelier that used to hang from the top of the cathedral. I don't say "used to" as in Sara narrowly avoided being squished, rather, that this thing is pretty super old. The picture is a bit blurry (it is obvious who took it), but you can see how each of the hundreds of candles has its place on the fixture. I feel sorry for the poor bloke that had to light all those candles, and I am curious as to how he got it done before they all ran out of wax. Yeah, I'd hate to be that guy, but it would be even worse to have to be the guy in charge of raising the chandelier after it was lit, because if any of the candles went out in so doing, the first guy would probably beat the tar out of him. The other picture here is the results of me conning Sara into getting a picture of my new favorite saint, Saint Denis. Remember, he's the one that got his head lopped off. My favorite girl by my new favorite saint, all next to my favorite cathedral. What a great day. To make it even better, we went to get Subway sandwiches right after this at the restraunt just across the street. Hallelujah!

No comments: