Thursday, August 10, 2006

Paris From as High as You Can Get

We took a lot of pictures of the city from the top, but having put so many similar ones on the blog already I figure I'll just cool it with all of them for the moment. It is so hard to choose the good ones out of so many pictures! I really like the one above. In order to take these you sort of have to snake your arms around the metal grates so that they don't get in the way of the view, that is sort of why they might be a little bit slanted. You'll notice that the picture on the top is a view of the northern suburbs of Paris, including Levallois. You can see the tall Hotel Concorde La Fayette just below the horizon on the far left, and the Arc de Triomph in the center left. I love how the last rays of the day's sunlight bounce off the houses, detailing how far away they actually are. The picture below was taken off the west side of the tower. You can see the statue of liberty on her island in the Seine just above the center of the lowest bridge. My that river is gorgeous. From so far up it is tough to try to focus on the buildings, I prefer to take in how neat of designs the roads and rivers make as seen from so far above them. Wow, I'm gonna miss Paris. How sad. Be sure to ask me to show you some of the other pictures some time, they are really neat. The video's probably not too bad either.

No comments: