Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Bastilee Day Night

In the end we found that the new and less crowded view of the Eiffel Tower from behind our bench was better than the one we had originally spent so much time waiting at. Of course, after we moved over there we were followed by a bunch of people, but still we found a comfortable place to sit and we just kept on waiting. We had our picture taken by some Canadian folks behind us, don't we look pretty? You'll notice directly behind Sara in the picture that there is a group of scary looking youth sitting on their blanket. These outstanding citizens passed the time rolling and smoking doobies, puffing on their cancer sticks, and drinking about half of the nation's annual wine and beer consumption. We were very excited to have the experience of getting smoke blown in our face for two hours. I think the fireworks were really good though, I'm not so sure because my eyes were still burning. Actually, I can say without a doubt that it was the best firework show I have ever seen. This made the Logan fireworks look like a sparkler show. I can now say that I have experienced Bastille Day at the Eiffel Tower and I absolutely loved it. In the end all that second hand smoke was worth it...I guess. Like the smart crowd sitters we are, Sara and I ducked out and on to the subway a few minutes before the show was over, thus avoiding the craziness that must have been going on in the metro at the end of the show. Happy Bastille Day Night!

No comments: