Friday, August 04, 2006

A Look Through the Pariscape

I know I promised to not litter the blog with a whole lot more views of Paris from up above, but sometimes I just can't help it. And of course you know that we have yet to show the pictures from when we elevated to the top of the Eiffel Tower, so I guarantee there are more to come. Like I stated before though, the view from Notre Dame's top is quite different from that of taller buildings. It is as though you get to see all the famous monuments face to face rather than from who knows how many meters above. This is probably the best picture of the Sacre Coeur from far away that I've got. It is probably so good because it was Sara that took it. You can see all the stairs and tourists that lead to its doors. In the other picture The Eiffel Tower seems as though it is growing up out of a big pile of urban sludge, rather than the pretty parks and grass and fountains that it is usually pictured around. Also, that view of Napolean's tomb isn't so bad either. One more reason to really like the Cathedral of Notre Dame, I guess. By the way, the other spire in front of the gold dome is Saint Germain de Pres.

No comments: