Monday, August 07, 2006

Paris According to the Pigeons

This is the view of the North tower of the Cathedral of Notre Dame as taken from the top of the South tower. It was pretty neat to be able to be all the way up there while there were so many people down below looking up and taking pictures. Look how much detail there is even on this part of the building that few people ever see. Nothing was overlooked during the building of the parish church of the kings of Europe. It was a pretty decent view of Paris from 69 meters above, I was amazed at how many churches one can see out in the distance. Sara and I counted up to twelve at one time I believe. From other high places we've been to in the city you really can't see the detail, rather from here everything seems so much more personal. Mostly I really liked looking down on the Cathedral and seeing all the little things that not many people see, and I wonder how in the world the constructors could reach all those places. The little green people on the roof are meant to be the twelve apostles, and they are life size. I know you are counting and find four rows of four, but you'll notice that the figures on the front of each line aren't apostles, rather they are something else. Whoever can find out wins a special prize. I'm really quite curious. What a cool building.

No comments: