Monday, August 14, 2006

Inside the Pompidou Centre


After church on the day before Sara came home we went to check out the Pompidou Centre. It was pretty cool actually. Here's a picture of Sara as we ascended the exterior escalators to the museum on the top three floors. She looks pretty in her church threads. The building was just as cool on the inside as it was on the outside, I'll elaborate a bit more on that in the next blog. The lobby (below) was really cool, and stayed well with the architectural theme on the outside. Just as I expected, the strange "moderness" of the art inside was weird to me at first, but as we spent more time looking around I started to like it more and more. Of course, just before we left the museum we came across a room with the most recent works and it just boggled my mind. I don't think I could do this museum more than once like I have the others, but it would have been a shame if I didn't go through it at all. There is a big exhibition right now with the theme of "The Movement of Images". It was really neat to see the huge contrast between just regular old statues and paintings in the other museums, and the more assymetric and often mobile works in the Pompidou Centre. The artists nowadays have a lot more mediums than they used to. Of course, there was also a gallery of paintings, and I liked that quite a bit too, not all of them were disturbing. Given the high price of entrance and the small amount of time we had left Sara and I were questioning if we should go through the museum. I am very glad we decided to, I liked it quite a bit.

No comments: