Wednesday, August 09, 2006

L'Énorme Pouce

No trip to La Defense is complete without a quick stop over to see the gigantic thumb. I've been looking all over Paris to find the rest of this guy's body, but have come home empty-handed. Maybe it got stolen during the revolution. The statue was done by César Baldaccini who is known for doing stuff like this. His gravestone in the Montparnasse cemetary has one of his statues on it and it's pretty weird. I'm not really sure how tall the thumb is, somewhere between huge and gigantic I'd assume. By some miracle I was able to get a picture of Sara clear out there without having to include any punk tourist kids climbing on the thumb like little fruit gnats. Doesn't she look so tiny? You'll notice the Descartes building out behind her, and the Total building just behind me.

No comments: