Sunday, May 28, 2006

View from the roof of the Musée d'Orsay


If you know about it, and can successfully navigate the signs through the cafeteria and around the corner, you can access the outdoor terrace on the roof of the Musée d'Orsay, facing the Seine. I took a bunch of neat sky line photos of Paris up here, but having posted so many from the Sacre Coeur I figured you'd all be a bit bored with more, like I've said so many times, you sorta have to be there. It's a bit hard to see, but the tower that appears to be jutting out of the right side of that building in the trees is the obelisque at the Place de La Concorde. It stand in place of the original guillotine used to behead the French Royals. I figured I'd post it since that's the next place I visited following my four or five hours at the Musée d'Orsay. Unlike the Louvre, I'd say that this museum is doable in an afternoon. I spent most of my time just looking for famous names. The sculptures in the main room are certainly worth long looks. I just loved the architecture on the inside. Also, be sure to climb the six flights of stairs to the top, the Van Gough stuff is up there, as well as the great view.

No comments: