Friday, May 12, 2006

The Gardens of Luxembourg


I'm sorry that there is no rhyme or reason to the order that these are posted. I sort of just choose a picture that I like, or think is interesting, and put it up. No, I didn't go to Luxembourg, such is the name of a beautiful garden surrounding a palace just North of the Pantheon. This place is huge, and covered with trees and grass and all sorts of sculptures that were most likely done by famous people I should know about. The best thing about this area is that all the little kids come to sail their model boats in the fountain and it is hilarious to watch them play. I think Paris has done an exceptional job at keeping what might have been a dirty city very beautiful. There's more parks around here than there are SUVs in the states.

No comments: