Sunday, May 28, 2006

From d'Orsay to the Louvre


The Musée d'Orsay is absolutely gorgeous. I'm not sure how much of the interior design was part of the train station, but if any of it was it must have been the world's most beautiful train stop. There were signs saying not to take pictures of the art work all over the place, but few people paid any heed. I, on the other hand, have a hard time taking pictures of original works of art because it is just a waste. You sorta have to see the original in person. Plus, I don't want to get thrown into a French prison, so I sorta played it cool with the camera in there. I figured it would be okay to snap this picture of the Louvre through the face of that neat clock. I never knew what time it was during my day in the Louvre, but at Orsay there are huge ornate clocks on every wall, so you've no excuse to ask an unexpecting Japanese tourist what time it is.

No comments: