Tuesday, May 23, 2006

The Basillica of the Sacred Heart


This Basillica is absolutely gorgeous. It is located at the top of Paris's tallest hill, and looks down at a spectacular view of Paris. You will fall subject to many pictures of this church, and the view around it. There's no way you can get out of it because I am the king of this blog! Hah! You'd think that since it is up so high, it would be an easy building to find. Perhaps I should turn in my Oreinteering merit badge, but I got very lost between the metro station and the Basillica. The area around it is generally accepted as the scariest part of the city, to the East of the hill is where all the Haitians live, and while I was meandering about looking for the correct leg of the labyrinth that would carry me to Sacre Coeur, I felt like I was back in Little Haiti in Higüey of the Dominican Republic. To the West is Pigalle, Paris's sex district (excuse my French). That place make Vegas look like Provo. Anyhow, I made it to the church alive and well and its a good thing because every step was worth what I saw and did while on Montmarte.

No comments: