Sunday, May 28, 2006

The adventures of a French Lady and my camera


I've been here in Paris for nearly a month now, and it wasn't until yesterday that I'd seen the Eiffel Tower at night. To commemorate this historic event I asked a very French person to take a picture in front of said tower. Unfortunately, this lady was quite unable to figure out that you have to push the button in order to get it to take the picture. After some lessons and a lot of miscommunication I got this picture. I believe it really captures the magnificance of the sidewalk in front of the Eiffel Tower at night. The look on my face is one of, "Holy Cow, no wonder Citroën doesn't make cameras". I think the problem was that this lady was around in the days when cameras looked a lot like paint brushes. I told her around five times that it might be best to turn the camera on its side, but...yeah.

No comments: