Thursday, May 04, 2006

The Flight

Flying into Paris was nowhere near as terrible as I thought it would be. The time went by very quickly, thanks to the inflight movies, and being very nervous. Charles de Gaulle airport was very different from any other airport I've ever been in. Everything is just dirty and gross. There's no decorations or pictures...I guess I was expecting a museum. Maybe I was also a little disturbed at the fact that they spent like a half a second looking at my passport, and I busted my rear so hard to get that accursed VISA. Grrrr. My shuttle was waiting for me and the drive was really near. The driver took me the scenic route and I got to see all the famous Paris sites at a distance. It wasn't until I got all my stuff unpacked that I actually got to see things up close. The Parisian streets are so tiny, and so congested, it's amazing. Levallois is just outside of the city limits, it took me about an hour to walk to the Eiffel Tower (now that I understand the metro so well I'll never do that again). It's great to be settled down. I'll bring my camera tomorrow and upload some pictures of the "apartment" (hut) and the Cathedral of Notre Dame . I hope it works.

No comments: