Sunday, May 28, 2006

The Axe Historique


About fifteen blogs ago I was explaining the Axe Historique; a straight unobscured view from the Louvre to the Place de la Concorde to the Arc de Triumph to the Grand Arche at La Defense. Here is the view of the Axe Historique along the Champs Èlysées. You can barely see the Grande Arch underneath the Arc de Triumph, but it is certainly visible. It would not have been worth it to try to get this view from the Pyramid at the Louvre, because there have been gates and trees put up that obstruct the view. I planned on going out to the Grande Arch to take some pictures today, but I ran out of metro tickets, and sort of wanted to spend the day reading in the sun by the Levallois branch of the Seine anyhow. I'll get out there eventually, don't worry. I've also yet to post any pictures of the Arc de Triumph. What's wrong with me? Maybe next weekend will be Le Weekend de les Arches.

No comments: