Monday, May 15, 2006

The Phone Underneath Eiffel's Skirt


I am one hundred percent sure that the only reason this phone booth was ever put here was so that jerk-wad tourists could call their loved ones and thell them where they are. I am that jerk-wad tourist. Phone booths grow like weeds in Paris, they are every where. The odd thing is that it seems that they are always being used, too. I'm glad that they are on every corner because I haven't a phone in my apartment (there wasn't enough room), and there are often times when you just gotta make a call. I am impressed with Paris for being able to make public things like phone booths and subways very clean and "private-feeling". The men's bathrooms here at Mercer have a seperate room with a lock for each toilet and they smell like oranges. Oranges! I like Paris. Oh, I should mention that the Eiffel Tower machine gun-toting soldiers walked by like twenty times while I was on the phone. Isn't that weird?

No comments: