Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Un Lion à Paris / The Inverse Pyramid

During my first trip into the depths of the Louvre I couldn't find the now legendary Inverse Pyramid. This was back in my youthful single days here in France's capital. Once Sara came out and showed me around we finally came across it. I guess my problem was that I figured it would be right close to the big pyramid, but boy was I wrong, the inverse pyramid is hidden away back behind the security check in the little mall sorta thing way out towards one of the exits. We were very lucky to find someone who was able to take a good picture (always ask oriental people) of us in front of it. This guy even waited until all the people were away from it, making it look even more like we were there on some sort of religious trek to kneel over the alleged chamber underneath. Or something like that. Anyhow, on the way out we decided that it would be in our best interst to walk into the book store and check things out. Of course we were completely dumbfounded by all the neat books we wanted to buy, and sad that we couldn't. Instead we ended up going to the Louvre Bookstore For Kids, where things are a bit less overwhelming and the shelves a lot less tall. This ended up being a great choice because we found the most amazing little book in there; Un Lion à Paris. This book is a synopsis of my time in Paris all alone, as though I were a lion. Even the title is appropriate. It is so good, and very funny. I'll have to read it to you sometime. See how sad I am looking into the Seine with only strangers nearby. Boohoo.

No comments: