Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Sara at Her Palace


I had been looking forward to taking Sara out to Versailles from the first day I ever saw the place. We've always been big fans of going for walks in parks and gardens, and I knew that the palace would be our cup of tea. The best day to go to Versailles is on Sunday, since they turn the fountains on in the afternoon for about two hours. You have just enough time to get home from church, change clothes, make some Nutella sandwiches, get on the metro and get to the castle just before the fountains come on. Here is Sara waiting in front of the biggest fountain in the area. It was a really hot day, the first of many, so we were all lotioned down and full of sunglasses. Isn't this place gorgeous? It wasn't as full of people as I had expected, perhaps because the final game of the World Cup was to be played that afternoon, and all the natives were out preparing for the parites. We asked someone to take our picture for us, and they did. Unfortunately the took in such a way that for all we know the picture was taken in New Mexico. I swear that is Versailles! I didn't do anything with my hair that day because I had originally planned on wearing one of those powdery wigs in order to fit with the era, but I couldn't find the wig anywhere. Eventually the fountains turned on and were off like lights in order to see them all before the time was up. I'll just include pictures of our favorite fountains, as you can check out some of the rest from previous posts.

No comments: