Monday, July 31, 2006

Napolean and I

I got my picture taken with Napolean. He was certainly a famous sort of person. I read a whole bunch about him, but I am still no Bonaparte expert. Suffice it to say that Napolean was a short Sicilian dude who didn't even speak French very well (he was a native Italian speaker), yet he was still able to take all necesary steps to crown himself Emperor of France and massacre a bunch of innocent people. By a bunch I mean probably next to a million or so. Even better, after he becomes emperor he messes up and winds up exiled to an island. He then makes his way back, becomes emperor again (this time even more illegaly) and reigns for 100 days and then messes up and gets exiled to another island. There he dies (by arsenic poisoning?), yet his body still finds its way back to France and ends up lying in a coffin surrounded by the riches and glory that ought only be given to an emperor (or someone who actually deserves it). Talk about ambition. Caesar had nothin' on this guy. Remember in Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure when Napolean eats that huge bowl of ice cream, what was it called, the Pig Trough or something? That was great. By the way, I'm not kidding when I say short. He was 5'2", which is just a touch taller than Sara.

1 comment:

Mike said...

Eat the Pig
Eat the Pig
Ziggy ziggy
Ziggy Zig!
I love that movie.