Monday, July 24, 2006

Fancy French Food

Here we are in front of the restraunt, as photographed by an American tourist who had had a few too many glasses of wine. We absolutely recommend dinner on the Eiffel Tower to anyone even thinking about going to Paris. You really ought to put this on your list of things to do before you die. After dinner we walked around the first floor there and admired Paris from far above late at night. I still have no idea why they call this place the city of lights because it has no more lights than any other city I've been to. Perhaps it got the reputation a long time ago when few cities had lights. Can anyone explain this to me? Sorry we didn't get any pictures of the night time view, but I really doubt they would have been any good as all the landmarks were dark. It ended up being kind of cold and windy up there, so I had to hold on to Sara really tight to keep her warm and stationary, I didn't want her to get blown off the tower. We could taste that food for about three days after we ate there, but it wasn't like we had bad breath, it's more like French food stays there and never lets you forget how wonderful it is until days later. Remember, however, that I'm talking about classy French food here, not the boulangerie/café surprise, that stuff is in a whole different realm which I could talk about forever, but will spare you.

No comments: