Monday, July 10, 2006

Elephants, Tea, Cats and Ice Cream


I could be posting Disneyland pictures all day, but I really ought to move on to some other France and Paris stuff that Sara and I have done. I really should post this picture that Sara took while we were in line to sit in Dumbo, because I think it is very good. Dumbo was cool, but the ride was sort of in disrepair, for as we pulled the lever to make our Dumbo go up it groaned and squeeked like the poor elephant has been in circus far too long. Also, here's Sara in line at the tea cups. We got that tea cup spinning so fast that I was dizzy for pretty much the rest of the day. I think that the maximum spin restraint that they must have in place in California tea cups must not be there in Paris, because honestly, I thought we were about to take off. And I simply have to post this picture of Sara next to the Cheshire cat that we came across while going through the Alice in Wonderland labyrinth in Fantasyland. It was a neat little maze which eventually led to a big castle (I believe it belongs to the Queen of Hearts) where you could climb up to the top and get elbowed by millions of tourists. What a great day we had in Disneland! It was weird to just hop on the metro, and then there we were. It was even stranger to have to go to work the day before and the day after. I'm afraid that if we had to live here in Paris we would be Season Passport holders. We just love that rat. You'll have to sit through our hour of video that we took while there. I guarantee that you will only get sick from my fast movements for part of the time. Oh yes, and I have to mention that we found some very tasty ice cream in the park, we are thinking about coming to Disneyland again before Sara leaves, just so we can have a few more scoops. Mmm Disney ice cream.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Okay Diane, I agree!!! So when do we go?