Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Sara on the Crypt

On Thursday night we headed over to the Ile de la Cité to see good ol' Notre Dame. She was still standing there in all her heights and largeness, just as I had left her a few days earilier. Of course, every trip to the Cathedral includes a quick jaunt past the Hotel De Ville. I didn't put up any pictures of Paris' Town Hall because there are like four of them among the first few posts of my super long blog. Instead, here's a bit of a picture of me and the wife in front of Paris' most famous church. Sara went to go have a sit on a bench lookin' thing out on the far end of the square in front of Notre Dame. I went to take a picture and discovered that she was sitting on top of the Archaeological Crypt. Or by it. Or maybe by the door to it. Who knows. I just thought it was pretty funny to see her little legs dangle back and forth as she smiled her cute little smile, all on top of a hole full of dead folks. I wonder who is buried down there. Or over there. Or under there. Hmmm.? What a cool Cathedral.

No comments: