Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Some Versaillesian Fountains


There were so many fountains that Sara found that I never came across that I felt like I had gone to the wrong castle. Holy cow! Louis XIV really needed to take a class on how to be more frugal because there was no expense spared in the building of his little manor. To the left is a fountain out in the hedges that features some golden fellow trying to break out from underneath the ground. This has got to be nearly the coolest fountain I've ever seen. He's all spittin water up high and there's all sorts of little water streams coming up from the ground like lava and stuff. You've got to zoom up on this guy. Look how even the chunk of dirt he is holding onto is gushing out water. What a neat place! We went back to this fountain to eat our lunch but for some crazy psycho reason that we haven't figured out yet, they decided to close it off like five hours before closing time. What?! The other fountain was in a little section of the gardens that I didn't even know existed until my map master wife introduced me to it. And its a good thing she did too, because all the fountains had sea shells and statues in them and they were gorgeous. There are just too many fountains at Versailles to even count, and I recommend over and over to anyone going to Paris that you must get to the palace on a Sunday afternoon or else you'll be coming home having missed the best part of the country! I kid you not. You'll have to see our video, we tried to get a little bit of all the fountains we could find. It's pretty neat stuff.

No comments: