Thursday, July 20, 2006

Nose Water at the Gardens of Luxembourg


Gardens and parks in Paris are absolutely gorgeous. Its an odd thing really, places like the Champ de Mars and the squares in front of churches have little to nothing in the way of landscaping and flowers, whereas, we will often come across the most beautiful gardens in the middle of the city. I've posted a lot of pictures of the Gardens of Luxembourg before, so I'll just throw out a few good ones that Sara and I took while there two Mondays ago. My favorite is the one to the left there. Yep, that's a nose and a mouth coming out of the water. Pretty weird, huh? Doesn't Sara look pretty in front of a bunch of flowers? Notice the palm tree out in the distance, we felt like we were in a tropical paradise right here in urban Paris. We had a good sit in front of the fountain in the gardens and watched the people do their things. We then climbed up the hill to the Pantheon where we took some pictures of the exterior since the inside was closed. Go figure. I'll go into the Pantheon after Sara leaves and get some great pictures of famous dead people. In the end I decided to deem Sara and I's promenade through the Latin Quarter a success, even though we never patronized any of the famous bistros along the way. I think we plan on doing that on Friday night (two days before she goes home). Maybe I ought to figure out what in the world a bistro is, huh?

1 comment:

Mike said...

Oh, let me tell you all about bistros. They are kinda fast food type a things. The word actually comes from the Russian word buistro, which means "quickly." After the Russian Army chased Napoleon back to Paris and occupied the city (who hasn't occupied Paris, really?) they were always asking for their food to be prepared "quickly" which resulted in the word bistro for quaint french cafes. Cool, huh?.