Sunday, July 09, 2006

Tomorrowland...or Whatever its Called

When Sara told me that there was an actual Pizza Planet in Discoveryland (Paris' version of Tomorrowland) it became blatantly obvious where we would be having lunch. Though the place wasn't exactly the same as it was in the movie, I was very content to eat my Minnie Pizza in the shadow of The Claw. What I wanted the most was for the doors to the place to be guarded by those robots that say "Welcome to Pizza Planet" and then move their sticks so you can get through. Imagine my excitement when I saw one just outside the door. I think he was broken though because he didn't say a thing. The pizza was good, but the service was really bad, perhaps because we were there like two minutes after the place opened because I was pretty excited to see the pizza robot. Of course, we also went on Space Mountain, which is much better than the one in California in that it goes upside down, and does swirly-doos and curly-ques. It is also very good at banging your head about inside the shoulder guard things, especially if you happen to be a shorter person. Not that there's anything wrong with that. The best thing we discovered in Discoveryland is that you can have as many fast passes at a time as you can get a hold of, so we didn't wait longer than fifteen minutes in any line. We also came across a real Tie Fighter, and snapped a quick picture before anyone could discover that we are nerds. They ought to just rename the place BoyLand, and call Fantasyland GirlLand, I beleive that would help first time parents a lot.

6 comments:

Zann said...

Kason, I hope that ship you're standing in front of isn't the "TIE Fighter" you were talking about, because it is indeed and X-Wing. And now I'll hide in the corner because my geek is showing.

Mike said...

Zann beat me to it, but I also knew that that is clearly an X-Wing. I am also a geek.

Unknown said...

Hey I know all three of those guys and they most certainly are geeks!! But they are cool geeks!!!

Kason said...

Alright, wow, if I'd known I'd get so much feed back about one blog, I'd have made more mistakes a long time ago. I suppose you know it is an X-wing because of the big 'X', right? Yeah, well if you translate Star Wars into French, the word for 'X' is 'Tie' and the word for 'Wing' is 'Fighter'. I can't believe you didn't know that.

Mike said...

My bad. But not only does an X-Wing make and "X" but a TIE Fighter looks like a bow tie.

Zann said...

Actually Mike - watch as I shatter all doubt as to my geek supremacy - while TIE fighters do look somewhat like bowties, TIE stands for "twin ion engines", which give the TIE Fighter it's distinct whirring sound. In the words of Steve Shinney, "Geek On".