Monday, July 24, 2006

Altitude 95

The name of the restraunt on the Eiffel Tower's first floor is Altitude 95, but it ought to be called Cloud 9. This place offers the prime cuisine of what I've experienced in Paris. Of course, I haven't been to a lot of fancy restraunts in the area, mostly because I don't have wine taste, or even beer taste, I'm limited to Coke taste. This is a fact that has made the trip quite a bit cheaper, but no less romantic. The restraunt is set up to look like the interior of an airship akin to those used at the time that the Eiffel Tower was built. The decor is great, but it didn't really have to be, since you're having dinner on the world's most famous monument. Honestly, when you come home you won't be going off on how lovely the wall paper was, you'll be bragging to all your friends about the view and the atmosphere. Sorry these pictures aren't perfect, I was in a bit of a hurry since I felt wildly out of place taking pictures at a restraunt that had escargot, truffles and duck on the menu. You'll see the view of a beautiful sunset over La Défense behind Sara and the view of the innards of the Eiffel Tower over my shoulder. We were there from daylight to nighttime and got to see all the beauty inbetween, including the flashes of the lights on the tower as it sparkled towards the end of our meal. And what a meal it was! I had chicken all stuffed with sausage and swimming about in some sort of sweet potato sauce, and Sara had a steak all covered in truffle butter. Truffle butter! The prices weren't exaclty Applebees, but neither was the food, so we left with smiles on our faces. I've got some more to say, but I best be getting to the next blog to say it. What's the point of doing such a thing if I can't brag to my friends and family about it for a long long time?

No comments: