Thursday, July 27, 2006

Bastille Day from the Whip Cream Tart

As Sara's official tour guide I felt it my solemn duty to take her high up the hill to see the Parisian sight that has for some reason been looked over by the Americans. I had never even seen a picture of the Basilica of the Sacre Coeur before I came to Paris, but judging by the souvenirs and T-shirts out here, it is on of the four wonders of the city; The Eiffel Tower, The Arc de Triumph, The Louvre Pyramid and The Sacre Coeur. Have any of you guys ever heard of this place before I brought it up? Maybe I'm jsut super uncultured or something. So here we are, having climbed hundreds of stairs, and about to climb quite a few more. I think these are some pretty good pictures. We went inside and enjoyed the giant Jesus mosaic and then we made the rounds around the building and over to the many picture places. Of course, I will spare you another seven or eight pictures of the Paris landscape, if you want those you'll just have to scroll down. Waaaaay down. It was another lovely trip up the hill to see where good ol' Saint Denis was beheaded. This time the fountains were on and that made it even better. Come on over and check out the video sometime.

No comments: