Tuesday, June 06, 2006

View at the start of the Axe Historique.


I present to you the view from the top stair of the Grande Arche out towards Paris. I tried to align myself exactly with the Axe Historique so you could get an idea of how totally cool this is. Mind you, this is not from the top of the Arch, rather, just that top stair, I imagine that the view will be even better when I make the hike up there. Hopefully you can recognize the building clear out there directly in front of me. That's the Arc de Triomph, and if you had some sort of crazy Voo Doo camera you could zoom in underneath it and see the Obelisque in the Place de la Concorde, and then even further out, and through the Jardin of Tuileries you'd see the Arc de Triomph du Carousel, and then you'd run smack into the middle of the pyramid at the Louvre. No kidding. I think that is pretty swell. Just because I had to, I walked the entire Axe Historique on Saturday, that is 8 kilometers (just about 5 miles). It was quite possibly the neatest walk I've ever taken. Not only did it feature great views of the Seine, the entire Champs Elysées, and a lot of nutty street performers, it also included some of the most expensive Coke known to mankind. Oh by the way, the tall building to the left, the Coeur Defense, will house Mercer's office when they move in November.

2 comments:

Zann said...

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but the building that says "Coeur Defense" on it is on the left in the picture...am I misunderstanding which one you mean? By the way, I thoroughly enjoy your blog, Kason.

Kason said...

Ooops, you're right, I better fix that. Thank you Zann. I'm glad you like the blog.