Tuesday, June 13, 2006

The Attack of the Vicious Lizard

Clear back among my first blogs I took a picture of a canal between the Cité de Science and the Cité de Musique. Around this canal is a big ol' park and fair grounds, and somewhere around fifty thousand Parisians. The park is full of cool playgrounds and bridges and all sorts of kids and their dads playing soccer and having a great time. Its a neat part of town. All the while everyone is being watched over by the huge silver Geodome and this big scary lizard. It's just about the coolest thing I've ever seen. Despite its frightening teeth and spikes, its actually a very kind scary lizard; kind enough to allow thousands of children to climb through its brain and slide out its mouth. The slide goes down into a pit for a really long time, and all the kids fall out into a sand box at the end and lie there for five minutes, stunned, just like on The Christmas Story. After their legs finally heal from the burning metal they go directly back through the scary lizard's brain. Of course their parents warn them to stay away from that guy with the camera. When Sara comes out we'll definitely go to this park and take some more pictures. I got off at the wrong subway station and so I had been walking along the canal from the city of Pantin all the way here, so I just wanted to get out of the sun and into a Lennon exhibit before it closed in an hour.

1 comment:

Kason said...

We all know that wouldn't go over very well, given my slide experience. Besides, I don't think the lizard likes American food.