Wednesday, June 28, 2006

St (Your Name Here)'s Church

Hi Ho everyone, things at work have been a crazy sort of busy lately, and I find myself staying late at work now actually doing work! Can you believe it? Hopefully the business has gone on break for a while so I can post last weekend's pictures before the week is out. I haven't much of a reason to fear, since this week the pictures are few and far between. I felt like going on a bit of a walk on Saturday so I hoofed it from my apartment over to the Eiffel Tower, stopping at some notable spots en route. This here is a church just at the border of Levallois and the 17th district of Paris. If I'm not mistaken it is called St. Paul's. Even if I didn't have a clue, I could probably guess that and be right. The one way sign on the bottom right is a bonus because I love you. The spire on the church is pretty neat, and can be seen from my apartment window, but what I really like is the front door, as seen to the right. I wanted to go up close to the door and find out what the façade is made out of, but it was being heavily patroled by some French Boy Scouts and I was afraid they would make me help people cross the street, so I stayed well away. Isn't it cool though, that such a neat building is right there in my own (and about a thousand other peoples') backyard? Oh a French Boy Scout is a person in your neighborhood. In your neighborhood. In your neighborhood.

No comments: