Friday, June 30, 2006

The Hotel Concorde LaFayette in Person


My walk into Paris last weekend was mostly inspired by my desire to snap a few photos of the Hotel Concorde LaFayette. Here she is in all her beauty. Like I said before, the Hotel is the second tallest habitable building in Paris, and it took me just a few minutes to get there. Its a funny thing to walk to tall buildings in Paris, becuase it is usually not until right before you get to them that they actually appear in view. Since there is rarely a building shorter than eight stories, every building blocks your view. The route to downtown required me to continue walking along the road beneath the Hotel, and before I knew it I was standing on the Axe Historique. I had no clue that I was so close to LaFayette when i walked the length of the Axe a few weeks ago. The picture below is the view of the Hotel from the Axe. Pretty crazy, eh? The large building between us is a huge stadium (I think). I'll have to look into that.

No comments: