Thursday, June 08, 2006

Islands in the Stream



This is a little island out in the Seine that I thought was really pretty. It reminds me very much of that Georges Seurat painting, "Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte". As a matter of fact, if you zoom in close enough you will see that this picture is made up completely of tiny little dots. They are called pixels. Actually, the island of La Grande Jatte is located in the Seine, but I'm not exactly sure where. I just love the Seine, it is a really big river, and very windy. I'm stillnot sure why it is green. I don't think it is dirty, just pretty. Yet, there must be a reason why you never see people swimming in it. I don't know, its just so calm and slow, and peaceful. Every so often you'll see a neat island just in the middle of the river, for example, the one the Cathedral of Notre Dame is on. Anyway, here's an island in the Seine.

No comments: