Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Let's Hear it for the Rainbow Tower


Having seen all the sights in La Défense I figured I best be on my way down the Axe Historique. The first stop was to turn around and snap a picture of the Grande Arche through the cool rainbow fountain at the border of La Défense. This fountain is much bigger than what's in the picture, and it's a huge mosaic. The little jets of water get taller and shorter and it is hard to stop watching it; you get hypnotized by the water and the colors. Not to destroy all the great press I've built up for the Axe Historique, but the Arche de La Défense isn't exatly centered with the rest of the monuments. It had to be built about two meters to the South West because the metro would have been directly underneath it, causing problems with the foundation. No worries though, its still on the Axe, just not exactly centered. I shouldn't have told you this, now you'll never want to come to Paris.

No comments: