Friday, June 16, 2006

The Paris Observatory Park


Every so often I take a picture that I deem as worthy to be used as my desktop wallpaper. Since my office is pretty much the break room all the people like to try to guess where I took the picture on my computer while they eat lunch. Of course they do all their guessing in French, so for all I know they are talking about how tasty the raw meat on their salad tastes. The picture up yonder currently resides on my computer. I think I really like it because of the bird out in the middle of the river, and all the neat trees. This was taken in the big ol' huge park around the Paris observatory, as was the picture of the angel looking statue on top of that pole to the right. This is not the Seine, rather, its just some river that flows around down on that side of the town, who's name I ought to look up. Its always nice to just go to these parks and see what's going on, but I just sort of get sad because a man is supposed to be at a park on a Sunday afternoon with his wife, not by himself. I also get really sad because I'm way thirsty and sweaty and I just want to sit down on the grass for a while, but like an idiot I wore white pants because it was too warm for jeans. Yep, this is the difficult sort of thing I have to face each weekend. I assume that when Sara comes out I'll be happier as I'm holding her hand, and she will tell me to wear shorts instead of trying to masquerade as a non-tourist. I miss her a lot. But at least I've got that bird out in the water over there, and those neat trees.

No comments: