Thursday, June 08, 2006

The Arc and the Towers


This picture was taken from the exact center of the Axe Historique just about at the Northern branch of the Seine. You really ought to make the picture larger to get the effect of how cool this is. If this isn't the only place in Paris you can see the Arc de Triomph and the Eiffel Tower at the same time, it is certainly one of the few. I'm not sure what that tall building is between them, but they really ought to take it down. As a bonus, you can also see the Tour Montparnasse out there past the Eiffel Tower. Can you see how these two towers line up directly with the Grande Arche? It is surely not a coincidence that these three huge building happen to be in a perfect line. From the Grande Arche to this point I had passed a bunch of really cool little cafés, and a park with really neat modern portraits carved into the walls. Also, I was nearly killed by something like five thousand hoodlum roller bladers and skateboarders. As you can tell, I still have quite a long ways to go on my Tour de Axe Historique. I'm pretty sure that the crane in the distance is lined up perfectly with something.

No comments: