Thursday, June 22, 2006

The Palais de Justice


I figured that I should show a picture of the Palais de Justice, since I saw it while I was at Saint Chapelle. The island in the Seine called Ile de la Cité is home to Sainte Chapelle, the Palais de Justice the Cathedral of Notre Dame and a lot of very expensive souvenir shops. I crossed the west bridge to the island from the north, in hopes to visit the church, but walked right past it. All I saw was the building in the picture, surrounded by a neat golden fence and a bunch of police guards. It wasn't until I made my second trip up the street that I realized you have to enter a door next to the Palais and go through a bunch of metal detectors to get to Sainte Chapelle. After I looked at the church I actually walked up to the Palais, and got to leave out the fancy golden fence. I felt pretty special as I walked right through and the guards didn't care. Just as special as everyone else. This is where the Parisians have court, and is on the sight of King Saint Louis IX's palace. By the way, Saint Louis, USA is named for King Louis IX.

No comments: