Thursday, June 08, 2006

The Arc de Triomph



Well I finally made it to the first leg of my voyage to the Louvre. Here is the Arc de Triomph in its finest. It was a very busy day at the arc. Here on the North West side Paris was hosting some sort of Hell's Angels (Les Anges De l'Enfer) convention or something. The road was pretty well blocked off by Hogs on Hogs. Meanwhile, on the other side and underneath the Arc there were about a thousand WWII veterans in their neat looking uniforms, all carrying musical instruments. I could only assume this was some sort of an army band reunion. Try to get a sense of what this sounded like. There's no way a thousand seniors with trumpets can all sound good at the same time, especially with the revving percussion of numberless freaks on two wheels. Add the traffic of twelve intersecting roads and you've got mass chaos. Needless to say, I had little motivation to go under the Arc again, especially since on the weekend they charge money to get up there. I suppose its just as well because the next picture I took was the last on that set of batteries. So thus ends my pictoral tour of my Walk de Triomph down the Axe Historique. It feels great to say I made it the whole way, and when I touched the Louvre pyramid it actually felt like I'd really accomplished a great task. It also felt like getting my feet to ever be the same would be an even greater task.

No comments: