Sunday, January 10, 2010

Zoo Hijinks with Randy I

The Milwaukee County Zoo is a whole load of fun, and for Zoe it becomes an amusement park when Randy is around. He and Diane came out to enjoy our last week of the Midwest with us. When I wasn't standing over them with a whip while they were standing over boxes with bubble wrap, we all went to our favorite Milwaukee sites to bid farewell and have some fun. Randy's a pretty hip grandpa who is very good at turning leisurely stroller rides into Six Flags on four wheels. In her two year-old mind Zoe has often likened me to a Grand Canyon mule as I slowly lumber along up and down the forested hills of the county Zoo. On the other hand, Grandpa Randy runs up and down the road zig-zagging like crazy, popping wheelies, making scary noises, and actually lifting up the entire stroller so Zoe can see the big fat bears loafing about in their hammocks...not unlike her father. This is no easy task since Randy has to lean down about ten feet in order to grasp onto the stroller handles. Here he is subjecting her to some sort of zoological water torture.

I've got a load of pictures of this Zoo trip, so maybe I shouldn't type so much. Whenever we go places with Randy and Diane we end up taking more pictures than the paparazzi at a celebrity purse dog convention. We've got our camera, Diane has hers, and Randy has the camera he won from work...the same camera that has snapped many a roadside picture of OREO cows and freeway sunsets. We all snap pictures, then after our photogenic shenanigans have come to an end I have three times the pictures to select from for blog fodder. How will I ever find enough text to give all the blog-worthy pictures from my shutter bug in-laws a comfy little house to live in? I'm sure I'll manage, I'm a pretty chatty fella. Here's Zoe with her grandpa on the resident Milwaukee County Zoo dromedary, Omar. Omar has frequented our film over and over again. Let's face it, he's a very photogenic camel.

No comments: