Monday, January 18, 2010

Urban Sun Bathing - Chicago style

Here's Randy having a grand ol' time at the Chicago beach. My in-laws are crazy beach nuts and they also go ga ga for Chicago, so this was like Shangrila for them. Afterwards we stuffed them full of Giordano's pizza, rendering them very happy campers. This is a good thing because we had a lot more packing to do back in the real world, and we wanted to keep their spirits high. Check out that kick-trash palm tree! I wonder how it fares during the Windy City Winters.
Zoe really likes to sit in mud. She was confused that the standard ingredients of water and dirt didn't combine at the beach to create her favorite earthen seat. Instead she got sand in every part of her body from the knees down. It took all the strength in me to keep her from walking out into the freshwater sea. We tried our darndest to keep her pants clean because we had a lot more driving home to do that day, and no one likes car sitting with pants full o' sand. We failed. I wonder if I would have gotten in the water had I brought my swimsuit. Probably not. One of my favorite things about a beach is looking for strange sea creatures. There was no such thing in Chicago, unless you include the tourists. Honestly, I'd be a bit afraid of what I'd find if I were to do a thorough search of the coast, there's a lot of soggy diaper potential along a 28 mile Great Lake stretch. What a beautiful day it was.
That was it for this Chicago trip, but don't you worry, we all came back the very next day. We were all pretty tired after all our stops on the way down to Chicago, so it was back up North for us. Tune in next time for some more Illinois fun.

No comments: