Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Wellants!

The Great Circus Parade included a whole herd of elephants which had been specially trained to withstand the weight of six to eight Americans. Three of those six to eight were Zoe, Sara and I. Zoe's been an elephant fan for all of her two years, and she just about exploded with excitement when she realized that the line we'd been standing in for many minutes was to actually sit on top of an elephant.
When it was my turn to get on the elephant with Zoe, the weird circus dude let me sit pretty much on top of his or her head (the elephant's head, not the weird circus dude's). It was pretty much the coolest thing ever because when the elephant flapped its ears to cool off, the ears scraped across my legs. I've never had gigantic ears flap across my legs before, and it was pretty neat. The elephant really liked it when I pet its head and ruffled its hair. It did not enjoy the Dutch rubs.
Sara wanted a chance to ride with Zoe too, so I passed the elephant jockey reigns to her. Ever since Zoe was a little glow worm we've been working as hard as we can to influence her favorite animal decision into the pachyderm arena. Imagine our relief when one of her first words was "wellant", which we have correctly interpreted to mean "elephant". Since then we've all become intense wellant fans, and hope to someday have a wellant ranch in our backyard. I'm sure we'll be able to succesfully wrangle the world's largest land mammal because the weird circus dude taught a secret wellant fact: Some are left-trunked and some are right-trunked. Let the records show that Sara, Zoe and Kason are, and forever will be, HUGE wellant fans.

1 comment:

The Gentry's said...

I'm glad you clarified about whose head you sat on, I was worried the circus dude was REALLY weird!