Friday, February 05, 2010

Us with Statues of Stuff

Yeah, so I'm getting really tired of typing about Chicago, but I've still got about 10 cool pictures that I wanted to put on the blog, so its time for less yakety yak and more picture postin'. Here's Randy next to the gigantic facsimile of American Gothic by the river. How could you not take a picture?
Zoe and I came across this red Tyrannosaur down by Crown Fountain. The first animal sound Zoe ever learned was that of a dinosaur, so we've always been drawn to them. I can still remember the beginning of each science class as a third grader hoping and praying that this would be the day we finally began learning about dinosaurs. I don't remember if we ever did. There should be an entire semester of dinosaurology in elementary schools just for boys. Meanwhile, the girls can go to their own class and learn about like princesses or high heels or something. There were no giant pumps in Chicago so Zoe and I stuck with the Trannosaurus. Rarrrr!
This is the Cloud Gate in Millennium Park. She's purty. We've taken loads of pictures of this piece of public art, and they all seem so different. This one merited blog postage because of how awesome the sun hits the buildings in the background.

No comments: