Sunday, February 28, 2010

May I Be Crowned Mormon King of Beers?

OK, so I'm currently going for the World Record for most consecutive beer-related blog posts by a Mormon. I think this posting, which features pictures taken at the Wisconsin State Fair of 2009, will definitely put me in the running. I've always wondered if the border guards at the Wisconsin state line had a severe inner struggle over whether or not to allow the Budweiser Clydesdales truck into the state. On one hand Budweiser is the evil competing beer comapny from St. Louis, but on the other hand the truck was full of gigantic livestock, which would be the epitome of agricultural eye candy for the fair-going Wisconsin ruralite. In the end the clydesdales were allowed in, and we were all pretty glad because seeing one of those horses is a life changing event. They are incredible, and even moreso for short people like myself, my daughter, and my dear wife and mother-in-law. It was especially great for Randy and Diane because Diane is a life-long horse fan, and Randy was thrilled that they had been hauled in on a personalized semi truck. I thought it was a little ironic that these giant work animals, known world over for hauling huge barrels of beer in fancy carts, didn't have to walk a single mile to get here. I bet that'll come up at the bar later as the Clydsdales share pints of MGD with the Wisconsin horses. Wisconsin horses are very prideful, and are teaming with state pride...they're actually big pompous jerks. I'd say this all stems from the state's claim of being America's Dairyland, which really gets into the heads of the livestock. Don't even get me started about the cows.

No comments: