Monday, November 17, 2008

Nectar of the Gods

We very much enjoy Giordano's Chicago style pizza. If there were a golden calf in my immediate vicinity, and I were the idol worshiping type, I would most definitely make the calf an offering of Giordano's pizza. I've dreamed about it, I've written essays about it, I've eaten it. Oh how I've eaten it. Mmmm...

Anyhow, our first trip to Chicago with Randy, Diane and Tyler was on a Saturday. We weren't expecting the high volume of traffic that we encountered on the way there, so we didn't pull into town until about eleven o'clock or so. We parked Arthur, the Buick at the Sears Tower, scurried on up the Western hemisphere's tallest building, looked around, and came back down. By the time we were once again ground-born, it was well past feeding time. We crossed the street to our usual Giordano's location, (letter E on the map in the blog below), only to find that the joint was full full full. To more fully view our dismay, please see the picture above.

Instead we treked along the green line to letter D and ate there. There weren't quite as many people at D, so we put in our order and started waiting. The savvy Chicagoan knows that you must order your pizza as soon as possible because those stuffed kinds take about an hour to cook. By the time we were shoveling pizza into our mouths it was about four o'clock but every second of waiting was worth it! We were hungry, and it was good, and it changed my life. I recently heard that Zeus actually eats Giordano's Chicago style pizza on Mt. Olympus. Pure ambrosia.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I need some of that pizza now please. I'm afraid my cholesterol levels are getting dangerously low. Just send it to West Jordan, it will know the way to it's true destiny.