Saturday, November 22, 2008

Lions and Tylers and Fares...oh my!

An art museum isn't worth its salt unless its watched over by vicious lions. The lions that guard the Chicago Art Institute are particularly threatening because they are gigantic. During our first trip to Chicago while Randy, Diane and Tyler were out we didn't go into the museum because there just wasn't a huge enough chunk of time to fully enjoy the price of admission. Instead we did some posing with these ferril felines and continued our walk up Michigan Avenue.

Boy was it a sunny day. Here's a picture of the Tyler as we crossed over the Chicago River. See the boatload of people getting floated around in the river down there? That's one of those boat tours that seem to be around in every big city. We've always wanted to take one of these river cruises, but the $30 fare is a bit pricy...instead, we discovered that you can take a water taxi down the river for only 6 dollars or so. We took the taxi to get back from Navy Pier later this same day, it was awesome! I guess the only difference between the river taxi ride and the boat tour is that the taxi driver doesn't talk at you. I think I'd rather save the 24 dollars and go without the chatter. Besides, I can look up all the info I need to know about Chicago on my beloved Wikipedia. Every year they dye the river green for St. Patrick's Day. One year Sara and I ought to go and see it.

No comments: