Sunday, May 18, 2008

The McArthurs Take Manhattan

Just a few weeks ago Sara and Zoe and I accomplished my life time dream of visiting the Big Apple! How could any lover of tall buildings and historical monuments consider him or herself whole without putting a push pin on New York City.

It was our good fortune that the Exam MFE (Memorization of Freakish Equations) Seminar was to be presented right next to Madison Square Gardens over the weekend. As I spent 18 hours learning about stock option pricing, Zoe and Sara went about their tourism business, and we spent the day before and after, and the evenings seeing the sights. And boy did we see them! We rushed from uptown to downtown and everywhere in between. New York is one of those cities that never ceases to deliver tourism candy. You walk down the streets and come across stores and buildings with super famous titles and you find yourself saying, "Wow, I didn't know that was here" over and over again. The highest of highs for me is to stand at the base of some incredible structure, the ones that I've read about for years, and come to the realization that it is much better than I ever imagined. This is a constant in New York City. We're so lucky to have had so many opportunities to see our nation's greatest cities, and you're so lucky to have to see all the pictures and read all my endless blah blahing about them. Off we go!

1 comment:

Mike said...

I love New York so much. I can't wait till I go in August!