Saturday, January 19, 2008

Just in case you didn't get an ivitation:

Before I met Sara I prided myself in being an anti-picturite. I think I could count on one hand the amount of pictures I had personally taken (mission aside of course). Saddly enough, Sara had a similar song to sing, so some of the first pictures we have together are these. This was the official kick-off of the grand wedding extravaganza. From the day I proposed to Sara we were sure we wanted to get married in the Salt Lake Temple in the spring time. These engagement pictures were taken around the temple about eight months before we got married...I guess you could call it wedding practice. Aren't they beautiful though? Our good friend Wendi is the best photographer in the world! My Sara is a good lookin' lady. It was preceding this photo shoot that I began to grasp the true scope of what planning for a wedding would be. Lets just say that it took hours to decide what shirt I was going to wear; I spent less time deciding what college to go to.

I must share with the world how I made a complete fool of myself on the day I proposed to Sara. It was an event I had planned out for days. After all the wining and dining had been done, we were at "inspiration point" overlooking the valley. After asking her to marry me, and getting the "yes" I had hoped for, we went up to my car to drive back home and show off the ring. With all my nerves and worries I managed to lock the keys in the trunk. Yep, smooth, Casanova. An hour later I found myself with my new fiance getting a ride home in my sister's car. I apologize to my posterity now, you're all doomed!! I remember telling myself how I'd look back and laugh at this experience in the future. I guess I was right.

1 comment:

Mike said...

I don't think I ever knew that trunk locking story! Only you, Kason, only you.