Sunday, January 20, 2008

Our Temple

I was looking at the wedding pictures and I couldn't help but throw in a quick entry here about how cool the Salt Lake Temple is. Its one of those buildings that never ceases to amaze even the local onlooker. Isn't it great that both Sara and I always wanted to get married there?

The forty five minutes that Sara and I were able to wait in the Celestial room before we got married were among the best minutes of my life. The emotions ran strong as we held each others' hand and pondered together the eternity of companionship that awaited us. It was hard to see Sara's face through the tears in my eyes as we were sealed together for time and all eternity. Friends in the room still joke about how in all previous weddings the husband would bring the box of tissues for the sobbing wife, whereas, in our wedding it was I doing the crying. How could I not?

By the way, 39 years after construction of the temple began, the capstone of the temple was laid by Wilford Woodruf himself, using a pully system ran by a motor and a switch. One year later the interior was completed and as such it has stood for 116 years.

No comments: